Keto Cranberry Crumb Bars – flakey bottom, sweet and tangy cranberry sauce in between and buttery crumb topping – you get a Keto friendly dessert. Serve these crumble bars with a cup of tea or coffee. Keto, Low carb
Ingredients (makes 16 servings)
Crust and crumb topping:
- 1 egg
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 2 tbsp cream cheese
- 6 tbsp butter
- 1/2 tbsp Xantan gum
- 1/4 cup Swerve confectioners sweetener or (powdered Erythritol)
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- 1/2 cup Swerve confectioners or (powdered Erythritol)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 tbsp orange zest
- 1 tbsp chia seeds (optional)
- In a saucepan combine cranberries, water and sugar. Bring to a boil and immediately reduce to a simmer.
- Cook for 10 minutes, until the cranberries are soft and cooked through.
- Stir in chia seeds and orange zest.
- Let the sauce cool to a room temperature.
- In a food processor combine all ingredients for the low-carb pie crust. Pulse to incorporate. The dough should form a ball. Don’t process further.
- Alternatively pulse until just crumbs are formed, then transfer dough to a working surface and create a ball. Press to form a disk, wrap with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Line a 8×8 square baking dish with parchment paper. Spray with coconut oil spray.
- Take 2/3 of the dough and press it to the bottom of the baking dish.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then let it cool for 15 minutes.
- Spread the cranberry filling over the crust.
- Using the remaining dough, crumble it on top of the cranberry filling.
- Bake the crumb bars for about 15-20 more minutes, until golden.
- Cool completely. Cut into squares.