This recipe is great for a keto diet because it’s low in carbs and very high in micronutrients. One serving of this soup will provide over 40% of your daily potassium and help you beat “keto” flu. Try this creamy soup with low-carb. Keto, Low Carb, Paleo
Ingredients (makes 6 servings)
- 1 medium head cauliflower
- 200 g fresh spinach or (frozen spinach)
- 1 medium white onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 bay leaf (crumbled)
- 150 g watercress
- 1 cup cream or coconut milk + 6 tbsp for garnish
- 1 litre vegetable stock or bone broth or chicken stock – you can make your own (4 cups / 1 quart)
- 1/4 cup ghee or coconut oil – you can make your own ghee
- 1 tsp salt or to taste
- freshly ground black pepper
- fresh herbs such as parsley or chives for garnish (optional)
- Peel and finely dice the onion and garlic. Place in a soup pot or a Dutch oven greased with ghee and cook over a medium-high heat until slightly browned.
- Cut the cauliflower into small florets and place in the pot with browned onion. Add crumbled bay leaf. Cook for about 5 minutes and mix frequently.
- Add the spinach and watercress and cook until wilted for just about 2-3 minutes.
- Pour in the vegetable stock and bring to a boil. Cook until the cauliflower is crisp-tender and pour in the cream (or coconut milk).
- Season with salt and pepper. Take off the heat and using a hand blender, pulse until smooth and creamy.
- Serve immediately or chill and (keep refrigerated for up to 5 days). Freeze for longer.
- Before serving, drizzle some cream on top. Enjoy!