Everything’s better with bacon and butter. If you like to experiment and combine different ingredients, do not miss to try this recipe. This spicy combo of the two is amazing on fish and chicken.
Ingredients (makes 4 servings)
- 2 oz. bacon
- 4¼ oz. butter
- 2 shallots
- 1 tbsp fresh basil
- 1 tsp tomato paste
- Peel and chop the shallots finely. Cut the bacon into small pieces.
- Fry shallots and bacon in 1 tablespoon of butter for about 5 minutes.
- Let cool and combine with the rest of the butter, tomato paste and finely chopped basil.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Form the butter into a roll in parchment paper or store in a small bowl. Put in the fridge for about half an hour so that it solidifies. (Feel free to make a big batch and store it in an airtight container in the fridge. It should last for a couple of weeks. Or freeze it to use at a later time).
Nutritional values (per serving)
287 calories; 302 3