It takes just a few minutes to prepare. You make to serve with unsweetened almond milk or hazelnut milk but it goes well with other options such as yogurt, cream or coconut milk. You can even use it as topping on your favourite low carb ice-cream or for breakfast parfaits. Keto, Low carb, Sugar free, Paleo
Ingredients (makes 10 servings)
- 2 cups unsweetened flaked almonds or more coconut
- 3 cups unsweetened coconut flakes
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 2 tbsp virgin coconut oil (melted)
- 1/2 cup 90% dark chocolate chips, sugar-free
- 1/8 tsp sea salt (optional)
- 1-2 tbsp granulated Erythritol or Swerve, or other low-carb sweetener (optional)
- Preheat the over to 300 °F (fan assisted). Place the coconut flakes, almonds flakes, cacao powder and salt in a bowl. (If you can’t eat nuts, use more coconut flakes). Optionally, add sweetener and salt. Mix until well combined.
- Add melted coconut oil and combine.
- Place in a large baking tray and spread evenly. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes, mixing the coconut and turning the tray half way through.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool down. Add dark chocolate chips or chopped dark chocolate.
- Serve with coconut milk, almond milk or full-fat yogurt. Store at room temperature in a sealed jar for up to 2 weeks.
Nutritional values (per serving, about 1/2 cup)
304 calories; 29.5 g3 g 6.7 g