Try these delicious nut protein balls are packed with healthy protein, fats and electrolytes, perfect afternoon or post workout snack. Feel free to mix up the flavourings, try adding cacao, as long as it fits your macros. Keto, Low carb, Paleo
Ingredients (makes 16 balls)
- 1/4 cup flaked almonds (chopped roughly)
- 1/4 cup desiccated shredded coconut (unsweetened)
- 1/2 cup + 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup ground flaxmeal
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla powder or (sugar-free vanilla extract)
- 2 tbsp virgin melted coconut oil (optional)
- Place all ingredients, except coconut oil, into a bowl and mix thoroughly. If the mixture seems a bit dry, melt and add the coconut oil.
- Roll into a heaped teaspoon full 16 balls and place on a lined tray.
- Chill into the fridge for about two hours (store in a container in the refrigerator for up to one month).
Nutritional values (per ball)
87 calories; 6.3 g1.1 g 5.5 g