The best ground beef taco recipe for low carb Taco Bell style tacos. I used an easy homemade taco seasoning and cheese taco shells. Every taco is 5 carbs each, they’re perfectly keto and gluten free.
Ingredients (makes 6 servings)
- 6 Cheese Taco Shells (or any other)
Ground Beef Taco Meat:
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1 recipe Low Carb Taco Seasoning (use 2 tbsp or all depending on your taste)
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 cups chopped lettuce
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- 1 medium avocado, sliced (toss with lemon or lime juice)
- 1/4 cup purple onion (minced)
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- Wash and chop lettuce and cilantro. Slice avocado and toss with lemon or lime juice to prevent browning. Mince onion. Have salsa, sour cream and shredded cheese ready.
- Crumble the ground beef into a cold pan and turn the heat to medium. Working continuously, break-up the ground beef with a spatula, until it is very fine in texture.
- Stir the taco seasoning into the ground beef and cook until fragrant. Add the tomato paste and stir.
- Add the beef broth (or water and beef base) and simmer until almost absorbed. Aim for a moist but not wet mixture. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Divide the seasoned taco meat evenly between the 6 cheese taco shells. Fill the shells with your favorite toppings and enjoy!
Note: The ground beef will keep up to 5 days in the refrigerator if made in advance and freezes well.
Nutritional values (per serving)
420 calories; 31 g7 g 27 g