This Slow-Cooker Mocha Pudding Cake is a cross between a rich chocolate soufflé and a gooey pudding. This keto cake has a moist and velvety texture and a dark chocolate flavor. Tones of coffee flavor enhance the deep chocolate notes and give this dessert a delicious mocha finish. If you don’t like the taste of coffee, don’t worry, this recipe is easy to adjust to your personal tastes.
Ingredients (makes 6 servings)
- Butter or coconut oil spray to grease slow cooker
- ¾ cup butter, cut into large chunks
- 2 oz. unsweetened chocolate, chopped finely
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp. instant coffee crystals
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 4 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup almond flour
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 5 large eggs
- 2/3 cup stevia/erythritol granulated sweetener
- Optional: low-carb whipped cream or low-carb ice cream for serving
- Grease a 4 to 6-quart slow cooker with butter or spray with coconut oil.
- In small saucepan, melt butter and unsweetened chocolate over low heat, whisking occasionally. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Whisk together heavy cream, coffee crystals, and vanilla extract in a small bowl.
- Combine cocoa, almond flour, and salt in a small bowl.
- Beat eggs in a large bowl with an electric mixer on high speed until slightly thickened. Gradually add granulated sweetener.
- Beat on high speed until thick and pale yellow, about 5 minutes.
- Turn mixer speed to low and slowly mix in melted butter and unsweetened chocolate mixture.
- Stir in cocoa, almond flour and salt mixture.
- Using mixer at medium speed, slowly add in cream, coffee, and vanilla mixture.
- Pour batter into slow cooker.
- Place a paper towel over the opening of the slow cooker before placing lid on top. The paper towel absorbs condensation.
- Cook on low for 2-3 hours if using a 6-quart cooker or 2.5 to 3.5 hours if using a 4-quart cooker.
- At the end of cooking, center will have a soft soufflé consistency while edges will be more cake-like. The center of the cake will be slightly damp on top, but will resist slightly when pressed. The center of cake needs to reach at least 160º F.
- Serve garnished with whipped cream or low-carb ice cream, if desired.
Nutritional values (per serving)
413.5 calories; 39.81 g3.76 g 9.29 g