This keto leftover turkey casserole recipe is so simple as you only need to cook the vegetables and meat together in a large pot, coat it with the keto cheese sauce and bake it in the oven for a few minutes.
Ingredients (makes 8 servings)
Metric – us imperial
- 630 g turkey breast (about 4 cups (or chicken breast))
- 8 brown mushrooms
- 250 g green beans (about 1.5 cups)
- 1 small carrot
- 1/2 small onion
- 6 cloves garlic
- 100 g broccoli (about 1 cup)
- 4 tbsp butter
- 100 g cheddar (about 1 cup (or any other type of cheese)
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- 2 tbsp crushed pork rinds
Keto White Sauce
- 2 tbsp butter
- 200 g cream cheese (1 philly block)
- 360 ml heavy cream
- 45 g parmesan cheese (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- Dice the carrot. Slice the onion, green beans, mushrooms and broccoli. Mince the garlic. Shred the turkey breasts.
- Grate the cheddar and parmesan.
- In a large pot, melt the 4 tbsp of butter. Add the onion, garlic and carrots. Cook 2-3 minutes and cover with a lid. Let steam for 2 minutes. Take the cover off and add the mushrooms and broccoli. Cook for another minute, cover and let steam for another 2 minutes.
- Add the shredded turkey breasts and mix everything together. Turn off the heat and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F.
- In a small pot, melt the 2 tbsp of butter on medium heat. Add the cream cheese in. It’s easier to melt if you separate the cream cheese into small cubes before putting it in the pot.
- Once the cream cheese starts to melt, start mixing it with a whisk. You’ll notice that the butter and cream cheese do not mix together and are separated. That’s okay.
- Add the heavy cream to the pot and continue mixing with your whisk. The oil and milk will now mix together without any problems.
Add the salt, pepper and nutmeg, and mix together. Add the parmesan AND Heat the white sauce until it starts to bubble, for about 2-3 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and pour the white sauce all over the meat and vegetable mixture in the other pot that we set aside.
- Transfer the casserole ingredients into a casserole dish.
- Sprinkle the grated cheddar, chopped parsley and crushed pork rinds over everything.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the cheese starts to become golden brown. Take out of the oven and serve!
Nutritional values (per serving)
510 calories; 40.98 g8.6 g 28.72 g