A creamy chicken dinner with mushroom gravy made in the Instant Pot pressure cooker. This recipe yields 2 hearty servings, so it’s ideal for dinner for two. You won’t have to deal with any leftovers. If you’re wondering what to serve this with, I suggest appetizers such as bacon wrapped jalapenos or low carb biscuits.
Ingredients (makes 2 servings)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 pound total)
- 10 ounces cremini mushrooms sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- salt and pepper
For the gravy:
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- pinch of cayenne powder (1/8 teaspoon or less)
- Pat the chicken breasts dry with paper towels. Generously season all sides with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Select the sauté mode on the pressure cooker for medium heat. When it has reached temperature, add olive oil to coat the bottom. Add mushrooms, cooking until they release their juices, a few minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add cream, water, garlic, and cayenne. Stir together until well-mixed. Turn off the sauté mode.
- Add chicken breasts to the pot in a single layer, nudging aside the mushrooms. The chicken should be sitting at the bottom of the pot, submerged in the liquid.
- Cover and lock the lid, and seal the vent. Select the manual mode to cook for 6 minutes at high pressure. Let it naturally release pressure for 5 minutes, followed by a gradual manual release.
- Uncover and transfer the chicken breasts onto serving plates.
- Stir the liquid left in the pot, and scoop about 1/4 cup into a small bowl. Combine with corn starch and stir until completely dissolved.
- Add corn starch mixture to the pot. Gradually stir in parmesan cheese. Let simmer on the sauté mode until thickened to form a gravy, about 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Turn off the sauté mode. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon gravy on top of the chicken. Garnish with fresh parsley.
Nutritional values (per serving)
680 calories; 38 g10 g 60 g