These Instant Pot Egg Bites are soft and velvety. Made with spinach and prosciutto, they’re a delicious breakfast that’s both high in protein and portable.
Ingredients (makes 2 servings)
- 4 large eggs
- 3 ounces finely grated parmesan cheese (3/4 cup)
- 2 ounces heavy whipping cream (1/4 cup)
- 1/2 ounce fresh spinach finely chopped (about 1/4 cup packed)
- 1/2 ounce prosciutto finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Using a silicone egg bites mold, evenly divide the spinach and prosciutto among the 7 mold compartments.
- In a mixing bowl, combine eggs, parmesan cheese, heavy cream, salt, and pepper. Whisk until well-beaten and smooth.
- Pour the mixture into the mold, about 3-4 tablespoons per compartment, filling up about 80% to the top. Cover tightly with foil.
- Add 1 1/2 cups water to the pressure cooker pot. Place the trivet inside. Carefully lower the mold onto the trivet.
- Secure and seal the lid. Steam for 10 minutes at high pressure, followed by 10 minutes of natural release. Manually release any remaining pressure.
- Uncover and remove the egg bites mold from the pressure cooker. Discard the foil. Invert onto a plate to release the egg bites.
Nutritional values (per serving 3-4 egg bites or half of the recipe)
400 calories; 29 g2.5 g 2.5 g