What’s better than chocolate truffles? Chocolate avocado truffles. And what’s better than chocolate avocado truffles? Low-carb chocolate avocado truffles! Small dairy-free wonders with a smashing taste of chocolate and lime. Surprise your guests with these delectable bundles of yum!
Ingredients (makes 20 servings)
- 1 ripe avocado
- vanilla extract
- lime, zest
- 1 pinch salt
- 5 oz. dark chocolate with a minimum of 80% cocoa solids
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- Mix avocado with vanilla extract using an immersion blender. It’s important to use ripe avocado so the mixture can be completely smooth.
- Stir in lime zest and add a pinch of salt.
- Melt finely chopped chocolate and coconut oil in water bath or microwave.
- Mix chocolate and avocado, combine well. Let rest in refrigerator for 30 minutes or until batter is firm but not completely solid.
- Form small truffle balls with your hands. Alternatively, use a small scoop or two teaspoons. Shape with your palms and roll in cocoa powder.
- Store in refrigerator up to one week or freeze.
Nutritional values (per serving)
Per Serving: 65 calories; 5 g3 g 1 g