Yes Fat Bombs!! Sounds a little intense, huh? Fear not. Trust. These tiny little treats are magical! A simple snack, that unlike most small snackin’ bites won’t play a role in that blood sugar roller coaster that plagues so many. Fat bombs can also be a life-saver, especially if you are newly shifting to a fat-fueled or keto journey. These healthy-fat loaded powerhouses feel like an indulgent treat, but they’re packed with nourishing and satisfying fats!
Ingredients (makes 20 servings)
- 120 grams cocoa butter – approximately 1 cup (I use this raw cacao butter)
- ¼ cup peanut or almond butter (sugar-free and free of hydrogenated and vegetable oils)
- 1½ tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoon full fat coconut milk (the canned kind)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla paste or extract
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt, less if PB is salted
- 1-2 teaspoons maple syrup or honey (more or less to taste)
- a few drops of stevia, to taste (this is optional and it’s purely based on how sweet you want these to be)
- In a small saucepan over a very low heat, or over a double boiler add the the cocoa butter, coconut oil, peanut butter and coconut milk, heat just until melted. Whisk well to combine. Turn off the heat.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the vanilla paste and sweetener of your choice, to taste. Add sea salt to taste.
- Pour the mixture into your mold(s) and place into the freezer to set up, about 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Enjoy right from the freezer or refrigerator. Do not store at room temperature, they will be too melty.
Note: Any nut or seed butter will work. Peanut, almond, cashew, pecan or sunflower seed butter, etc.
If you want to avoid the maple syrup or honey, you can also use just stevia, monk fruit sweetener, erythritol etc